Baltimore County News
"Journey Into Space" and "Get Your Feet Wet with Technology" Named 2018 NISC Programs of Excellence
Every day across the country, older adults visit their local senior center to connect with friends, learn something new, discover how to stay healthy, give back to their community and more.
Get Your Feet Wet with TechnologyNIKE REVOLUTION 4 sneaker shoes running bluee unisex ultraleggere
Catonsville Senior Center was recognized for its “Get Your Feet Wet with Technology” program that they conducted in partnership with the Baltimore County Public Library Catonsville Branch.
- Supra Sneakers Hammer Run-Navy-White Nvy bluee
- Bare Traps Womens Ysidora Almond Toe Ankle Fashion, Black Microfib, Size 7.0 mMT
- Clarks Torset Vibe US 13 M Red Synthetic Light Sneakers Oxfords Mens shoes 80
- Fashion Womens rhinestone bow high heels pointed toe Coral fleece velvet shoes
- Grey Women's pumps koturno Daszyński 113
- Men Air Max 270 Running shoes Light sports Trainers Sneakers running shoes
- Men's SPERRY Leeward 0777896 Brown Leather Boat shoes Size 9 M D353
- Party Style Breathable Mesh Pumps shoes Woman Heels 10.5cm
- Shirt Match Jordan 14 Last Shot - OG Tee Shirt
- Su.cheny White lace pearls rhinestone flats low high heels Wedding Bridal shoes
- Womens New Sweet Casual Strap Mary Janes Platforms Chunky High Block Heels shoes
- Zep Pro Flip Flops Men’s University Of Central Florida NWT Size 8
- Beverly Feldman Black Suede Bling Cowboy Boots size 8
- Cobbie Cuddlers Beatrice Silver Strap Sandals Memo Tech Size 8W
- EUC Taryn pink Pewter Leather Sandal SZ 36 M
The four-week program taught participants how to use technology to gain information about fitness and nutrition, music and movies, photo editing, instant messaging and online shopping.
The program was conducted on tablets that were purchased through a grant from the Catonsville Women’s Giving Circle.
Journey Into Space
Parkville Senior Center’s “Journey Into Space” intergenerational program was also a four-part series that brought seniors and students together to learn about space and space exploration.
During the first class, senior center members and their grandchildren watched a distance learning program by NASA where they were on a virtual spaceship.
In subsequent classes, the participants built rockets, learned about the International Space Station and Newton’s Laws of Motion, and watched "Star Wars."
About the NISC Awards
The NISC Programs of Excellence winners are picked by a committee of senior center professionals. Certificates and cash awards are given to programs in seven categories and in one highlighted area related to preventing social isolation. The categories include:
- Community Development, Leadership and Intergenerational
- Cultural Programs
“Our 20 senior centers in Baltimore County are important destinations for older adults to live longer and live well, and our staff works hard to keep our programs fun and educational for our members,” said Laura Riley, Director of the Baltimore County Department of Aging.
Learn more about NIKE MD RUNNER 2 RAGAZZA GS black FUXIA 807319-006 and their Nike Men’s White Leather Tennis Trainers Training shoes UK 11, or view the full list of Nike Men's AIR MAX Grey And Yellow Suede Trainers UK Size 9 Used Condition.
Through theNaturalizer Women's GIGI Black Leather Sandal Size 9W Retail 99, residents can now examine the County’s projected fiscal situation for the coming fiscal year, and simulate reallocating funds in order to balance spending and revenue.
The Balancing Act tool is available at: Nike Men's Flex Experience Rn 6 Ankle-High Fabric Running shoes. Please note: this tool may work best in a recent version of Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
County Executive Olszewski will submit his first budget to the County Council on April 15, 2019.Wed, 27 Mar 2019 15:52:00 GMThttps://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/BaltimoreCountyNow/baltimore-county-unveils-new-budget-simulation-tool-for-residents
Residents should check schedules for specific collection date
The yard materials collected on “Y” days will be composted into an earthy organic material, to be used by Baltimore County agencies and residents.Fri, 22 Mar 2019 18:05:00 GMThttps://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/BaltimoreCountyNow/baltimore-county-yard-materials-recycling-collection-resumes-april-1-2
By Dave Lykens, Acting Director
Department of Environmental Protection and Sustainability