Baltimore County News
"Journey Into Space" and "Get Your Feet Wet with Technology" Named 2018 NISC Programs of Excellence
Every day across the country, older adults visit their local senior center to connect with friends, learn something new, discover how to stay healthy, give back to their community and more.
Get Your Feet Wet with TechnologyNine West Women's Pinupo Open-Toe Platform Slides Platinum Size 10 (B, M)
Catonsville Senior Center was recognized for its “Get Your Feet Wet with Technology” program that they conducted in partnership with the Baltimore County Public Library Catonsville Branch.
- Memphisto Harmony Buckle Strap Slide On Leather Sandals Size 39 (US 8) Dark Pink
- Rocawear Ladies shoes Size 5 Uk
- Puma Suede Remaster Sneakers - Burgundy - Womens
- Alfani Womens Maybell Open Toe Casual Platform Sandals
- Women Colorful Fur Ball Beads Tassel Open Toe Flat Etnic Sandal Embroidery Shoes
- ADIDAS TIRO17 TRAINING RED BLACK WHITE BQ2754
- BNWOT Carvela Kurt Geiger Floral Multi Print Spiked Peeptoe Heels. Size 5.
- CLARKS LEATHER RIPTAPE WEDGE SHOES size 5 D school work WORN ONCE INSIDE
- El Naturalista leather fabric women clogs, size EU 42, UK 8, VGC with logo
- Kenneth Cole Unlisted Ian Driver Loafer - Men's Size 12M - Brown
- Mens Hot Sell Driving Gommino Moccasins Faux Suede Slip On Loafer Boats shoes
- Men's The Florsheim shoes brown leather wingtip Oxfords size 9 C EUC
- Osiris vapor blk wht gum (H)
- Sam Edelman Jazzy Black Espadrilles Size 5 Nubuck Leather, Worn Once.
The four-week program taught participants how to use technology to gain information about fitness and nutrition, music and movies, photo editing, instant messaging and online shopping.
The program was conducted on tablets that were purchased through a grant from the Catonsville Women’s Giving Circle.
Journey Into Space
Parkville Senior Center’s “Journey Into Space” intergenerational program was also a four-part series that brought seniors and students together to learn about space and space exploration.
During the first class, senior center members and their grandchildren watched a distance learning program by NASA where they were on a virtual spaceship.
In subsequent classes, the participants built rockets, learned about the International Space Station and Newton’s Laws of Motion, and watched "Star Wars."
About the NISC Awards
The NISC Programs of Excellence winners are picked by a committee of senior center professionals. Certificates and cash awards are given to programs in seven categories and in one highlighted area related to preventing social isolation. The categories include:
- Community Development, Leadership and Intergenerational
- Cultural Programs
“Our 20 senior centers in Baltimore County are important destinations for older adults to live longer and live well, and our staff works hard to keep our programs fun and educational for our members,” said Laura Riley, Director of the Baltimore County Department of Aging.
Learn more about Nike Lunarestoa 2 Black Running Trainers Gym UK8 Air and their Men's New Black and White Supra Sneakers US Size 12, or view the full list of Nike Lunerglide 8 Running or Casual shoes Sneakers BB Men size 11.
Through theNike Marxman PRM Mens Basketball shoes Trainers Size UK 8 EU 42.5 Suede (QBT), residents can now examine the County’s projected fiscal situation for the coming fiscal year, and simulate reallocating funds in order to balance spending and revenue.
The Balancing Act tool is available at: Nike MD Runner 2 Eng Mesh Man Running shoes UK 9 Midnight Navi. Please note: this tool may work best in a recent version of Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
County Executive Olszewski will submit his first budget to the County Council on April 15, 2019.Wed, 27 Mar 2019 15:52:00 GMThttps://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/BaltimoreCountyNow/baltimore-county-unveils-new-budget-simulation-tool-for-residents
Residents should check schedules for specific collection date
The yard materials collected on “Y” days will be composted into an earthy organic material, to be used by Baltimore County agencies and residents.Fri, 22 Mar 2019 18:05:00 GMThttps://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/BaltimoreCountyNow/baltimore-county-yard-materials-recycling-collection-resumes-april-1-2
By Dave Lykens, Acting Director
Department of Environmental Protection and Sustainability