Baltimore County News
"Journey Into Space" and "Get Your Feet Wet with Technology" Named 2018 NISC Programs of Excellence
Every day across the country, older adults visit their local senior center to connect with friends, learn something new, discover how to stay healthy, give back to their community and more.
Get Your Feet Wet with TechnologyMens Business Leather Pointed Toe Oxfords Formal boots Breathable Casual shoes
Catonsville Senior Center was recognized for its “Get Your Feet Wet with Technology” program that they conducted in partnership with the Baltimore County Public Library Catonsville Branch.
- Mens Classic Black Suede Desert Boots UK 8
- CLARKS Women's Brown Leather Closed Toe Slip On Sandals Size 6M
- Champion Mens 93Eighteen Casual Low-Top Trainer Fashion Sneakers shoes BHFO 4505
- Mens Boots Step On Air Eagle Elastic Ankle Boot Black Brown New UK Size 6-12
- Geox J620SD Sneakers Boy Spring/Summer
- ALLEN EDMONDS Lasalle Mens Leather Split Toe Dress shoes Oxfords Brown Size 10.5
- Asos Mens Wingtip Brogue shoes Black UK 10 EU 44 LN44 44
- CREATIVE RECREATION PINELLI SHOES MEN'S TRAINERS BRAND NEW SIZE UK 9 (O22)
- Folk Ladies Embroidered Ankle Boots Tassel Casual Comfortable Fringed shoes NEW
- Ladies Clarks shoes Tri Bella TRIGENIC Black Leather Trainers Sneakers Size 4.5
- Lk Bennett Red Satin wedge shoes 38, sandals, weddings, parties, flatforms
- Nanny State Lambeth Slip On Canvas Trainer Mens Size UK 9
- Nike huarache size 6 bluee & Cream Rare Offers Welcome
- RJR John Rocha Navy Nubuk Brogues Lace Up shoes Size UK 8
- Unisa Numar 17 brown tan leather heels pumps UK size 4.5
- Vizzano Women's Pointed Toe Slingback Heel Pump 164-212
- Aldo Milaa Dress Sandals 888, Silver, 8 US 38.5 EU
- Bernardo Women's Matrix, Platinum Calf, 5 M US
- Clarks Womens UK Size 4.5 Brown Leather Knee-High Boots
- Escarpins UNISA en daim beige, doublés cuir pink size 40
- HUSH PUPPIES wedge heel metallic gold shoes, leather. Size UK 7 Make an offer
The four-week program taught participants how to use technology to gain information about fitness and nutrition, music and movies, photo editing, instant messaging and online shopping.
The program was conducted on tablets that were purchased through a grant from the Catonsville Women’s Giving Circle.
Journey Into Space
Parkville Senior Center’s “Journey Into Space” intergenerational program was also a four-part series that brought seniors and students together to learn about space and space exploration.
During the first class, senior center members and their grandchildren watched a distance learning program by NASA where they were on a virtual spaceship.
In subsequent classes, the participants built rockets, learned about the International Space Station and Newton’s Laws of Motion, and watched "Star Wars."
About the NISC Awards
The NISC Programs of Excellence winners are picked by a committee of senior center professionals. Certificates and cash awards are given to programs in seven categories and in one highlighted area related to preventing social isolation. The categories include:
- Community Development, Leadership and Intergenerational
- Cultural Programs
“Our 20 senior centers in Baltimore County are important destinations for older adults to live longer and live well, and our staff works hard to keep our programs fun and educational for our members,” said Laura Riley, Director of the Baltimore County Department of Aging.
Learn more about Men's Army Green Sneaker Lace Up Board shoes Casual Flats Camouflage shoes Size and their Mens Ask the Missus Navy bluee Leather Lace Up Casual shoes Size UK 7 Ex-Display, or view the full list of Mens athletic casual shoes lace up round toe ankle boots comfortable sneakers.
Through theMens Athletic Sport shoes Casual Gym shoes Round Toe Lace Up Breathable Sneakers, residents can now examine the County’s projected fiscal situation for the coming fiscal year, and simulate reallocating funds in order to balance spending and revenue.
The Balancing Act tool is available at: Mens Autumn New Leisure Sneakers Slip On shoes Loafers Striped New Round Toe. Please note: this tool may work best in a recent version of Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
County Executive Olszewski will submit his first budget to the County Council on April 15, 2019.Wed, 27 Mar 2019 15:52:00 GMThttps://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/BaltimoreCountyNow/baltimore-county-unveils-new-budget-simulation-tool-for-residents
Residents should check schedules for specific collection date
The yard materials collected on “Y” days will be composted into an earthy organic material, to be used by Baltimore County agencies and residents.Fri, 22 Mar 2019 18:05:00 GMThttps://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/BaltimoreCountyNow/baltimore-county-yard-materials-recycling-collection-resumes-april-1-2
By Dave Lykens, Acting Director
Department of Environmental Protection and Sustainability